Training and Exercise Coordinator
The Northern Virginia Hospital Alliance (NVHA)’s Training and Exercise Coordinator isresponsible for assessing and implementing the training and exercise needs of the Healthcare Coalition. Utilizing the Coalition’s Hazards and Vulnerabilities Analysis (HVA), existing After Action Reports (AARs), and stakeholder and colleague input, this position will identify and implement training options to address identified gaps. As trainings are completed, this individual will work with coalition stakeholders to plan and conduct exercises that assess the coalition’s trainings and emergency plans. The Training and Exercise Coordinator will complete exercise After Action Reports (AARs) and Improvement Plans (IPs) and monitor the progress of improvement plan completion. This position will work with planning staff to review plans and initiate changes based on outcomes of exercises and real-world events. The Training and Exercise Coordinator will develop and deliver presentations and other forms of communication to inform stakeholders and partners of plan changes. This position will work with the Executive and Deputy Directors to ensure the Coalition’s Training and Exercise Calendar meets the needs of coalition members and is in compliance with HPP program requirements.
Upon receiving the necessary training, this position will enter an on-call rotation with other staff to share the responsibility of serving as the 24/7 point of contact for the Regional Healthcare Coordination Center (RHCC) in the event of an emergency.
Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to manage competing priorities and multiple deadlines
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Ability to solve problems independently and exercise sound professional judgment in recognizing when issues should be elevated to the attention of one's supervisor
NVHA does not have staff support for administrative tasks. Candidates must be able and willing to perform administrative tasks such as reserving meeting space and exercise venues, managing calendar invites, updating contact lists, submitting travel reimbursements, or printing meeting materials, and candidates must be willing and able to perform such tasks on behalf of themselves and others.
Excellent customer service skills and a “can-do” attitude when assisting coalition members and stakeholders.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three or more years of professional full-time Emergency Management experience
- Two or more years of professional experience planning and executing HSEEP- compliant exercise as a significant portion of the candidate’s documented job responsibilities
- Two or more years of professional experience developing and delivering training to a diverse audience of adult learners
- Professional experience leading multi-disciplinary exercise planning teams or working groups
- Completion of the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) course
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing
- Experience creating training presentations for web-based or virtual delivery platforms
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Professional experience leading the planning of HSEEP-compliant functional exercises involving Hospital and Healthcare partners
- Demonstrated knowledge of the preparedness and response structure and responsibilities of agencies and partner organizations in Northern Virginia and the National Capital Region
- FEMA Master Exercise Practitioner (MEP)
- Experience scripting, filming, editing, and distributing training videos
- Experience aligning an organization’s Training and Exercise Plan and priorities with
- Federal program and grant requirements (i.e. UASI, PHEP, or HPP grants)
NVHA is the healthcare coalition for the Northern Region and the only incorporated coalition in the Commonwealth. As a 501(c)(6) organization, NVHA coordinates emergency preparedness, response, and recovery activities for member hospitals, healthcare systems, and response organizations in cooperation with local, regional, state, and federal response partners. Additional information about the healthcare coalitions in Virginia may be found online at: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/emergency-preparedness/hospital-healthcare-preparedness/
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to email@example.com with “Training and Exercise Coordinator” in the subject line. In-person interviews will be held on Tuesday, June 4. Only complete applications will be considered.